This is the Specification for use in all civil engineering contracts let by Water Undertakers in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. It supersedes the Sixth Edition (2004) and reflects the water industry's requirement for comprehensive, universal and relevant specifications for civil engineering contracts.
The Specification is based on performance requirements allowing the Contractor to decide upon his method of working. This 7th edition has been rewritten to reflect the experience of the UK Water Industry and the contractors since the last edition was published, and includes new standards and working practices, together with new technologies and more sustainable options.
The eleven sections of the documents are the same, any additions or changes have been incorporated into these sections.
- Excavation, backfilling and restoration
- Concreting and formwork
- Construction of pipelines and ancillary works
- Building works
- Testing and disinfection
- Sewer renovation
- Water mains rehabilitation
- Tunnelling and shaft sinking works
The electronic version of CESWI is structured the same way as the hard copy version of CESWI and is available as single user or multiple user licence. The user will be provided with a log in account and is able to see the whole of CESWI.
It allows users to:
- View and page through CESWI in an easy to use website format.
- Navigate easily to any section or heading.
- Search the document for key words or clauses within each section.
- View specific clauses and sections of the document without the need to print the whole document.
- View any water company alternatives if available.
All content is identical to the traditional hard copy version of CESWI.
If you are outside of the UK and wishing to purchase this item please contact the knowledgestore team directly (email@example.com) who will be able to assist in providing accurate tax and shipping costs for your order.